Tuesday, September 02, 2008

We officially have a preschooler!

Today was Aiden's first day of preschool. He is at the same school we have been taking classes at since he was 1 year old, so it's a familiar place to him. For the past 2 years, I was the student. It was a parenting program...and a wonderful one at that. I learned so many wonderful things about the development of children and I added many tools to my parenting tool box over the past 2 years. I look forward to repeating those classes with Ashton next year. Now that Aiden is 3, he starts their preschool program. He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-noon. On Tuesdays he will go without me and on Thursdays I will go with him. My friends Amy & Christy enrolled their sons in the same class so on the Tuesdays when I'm not there, my friend Christy will be there so Aiden will have a familiar face with him all day...and I'll be the familiar face her her son when she's not at school on Thursdays. I think this will really help him transition to being at school without me. Plus, the idea of having a friend around to keep on eye on my kid eases my mind a little.

I absolutely LOVE Aiden's teacher, Marcia. She is the long term sub because unfortunately the original teacher fell ill during the summer. I took Marcia's Positive Discipline class a year ago and fell in love with her. She's such a wise woman and I learned so much from her during that class. So, I'm really excited that Aiden will get to experience her "awesomeness" too!
She's a true gem. :)

While I'm at school with Aiden on Thursdays, this woman Monica will be at the house watching Ashton. She was referred to me from a girl I met at a BBQ our neighbors had. She came very highly recommended so I feel very fortunate to have found someone so great. She is available for weekend babysitting too, so when mom and dad aren't available, we now have another option!

No comments: